Join us for an invite only day of fun and learning at our company headquarters in Austin, TX. You will meet key executives at Code Galaxy and get an inside glimpse of our education program, marketing and business systems. You will be given a hands-on tour of a Code Galaxy Computer Coding Franchise and meet with a Code Galaxy Center director.
What do Fitbits, smart lights and thermostats, voice assistants, and self-driving cars have in common? They are all part of the Internet of Things and they are all powered by microcontrollers!
Here at Launch, we’ll be rolling out new curriculum modules designed to teach kids the fundamentals of circuits, robotics, IOT, and programming microcontrollers like Arduino. These projects will be available to advanced students in our after-school program as well as in an abbreviated form for our week-long summer camps.
In this unit, students take on the role of Payload Commander of a mission to Mars, and explore Robotics and IOT devices to design lightweight scientific equipment and monitoring systems to keep the crew safe on their journey through space. The Arduino is a popular, powerful microcontroller, a special kind of integrated circuit. kids coding languages these mini-computers to work with electrical components to do whatever it is that you can dream up!
- Concepts of voltage, current, power, energy, and what a circuit is.
- How to use a multimeter and understanding the difference between measuring in series and in parallel.
- Use the Arduino IDE
Skills students will take away from this course:
- How to build parallel and series circuits with LEDs and resistors.
- Work with breadboards and multimeters to create and test circuits.
- Build Arduino projects with simple inputs like buttons and photoresistors. Use the serial monitor and other types of output to create and test projects.
Want to learn more about Arduino and try out a space-themed project with your child? Join us for Arduino Day, a free official Arduino event at our Westlake location.